Pages - Menu

Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Inside Diane Kruger & Joshua Jackson'sRomantic Life in Paris

They have an apartment in Paris and were
recently spotted enjoying all that's glamorous
about the City of Light – but for longtime couple
Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson, it's the simple
things about the city that are most special. "The most romantic thing
about Paris for me is
just walking around and being immersed in the
city," Jackson told PEOPLE Monday at the North
American theatrical premiere of Kruger's latest film,
Farewell, My Queen at the Museum of Modern Art
in New York City. "Because Diane has lived there for so long and we
have an apartment there, the most romantic part
of our day is waking up in our own neighborhood
and going down to a cafe and just having
breakfast," he said. "Which is a really quotidian
thing to do – but to do it in that city is pretty nice." Kruger's
French connection extends to her role in
her new movie, due in theaters July 13, in which
she plays the ill-fated queen Marie Antoinette.
Being a member of a royal family has never
appealed to the German actress. "I do like the Royals and I definitely
watched their
wedding," she said of Kate and Prince William. "I
think it's something we can dream about in our
society. I myself have never wanted to be in an
ivory tower – I [have to be] honest." Still, the outfits she wore had
Jackson royally
impressed. "I definitely made the effort to go see her in the
full queen regalia," he said. "It's a one-time thing in
an actor's life. It was sexy – period." After Monday night's
screening, the pair headed
over to an afterparty at the Cultural Services of
the French Embassy in New York, where Kruger
basked in praise for her performance, and Jackson
stayed nearby, ever-supportive.

0 komentar: